Getting Ready for Training
Your local manager saw something they liked about you and decided to give you an opportunity to join the team. Nice work.
The next step is to prepare you to get the most out of training so you can hit the ground running. Your training sessions are designed to introduce you to the ins and outs of working as a CUTCO sales rep. Trust us: you’ll learn a lot!
While training is unpaid, this is the same training used in classrooms at Purdue and University of Calgary, which means that you’ll have access to top-notch industry professionals and valuable professional skills.
As you may remember from your interview, CUTCO® is high-quality, American-made, and guaranteed FOREVER. Over 15 million homes in the United States already have CUTCO® in their kitchen.
If you don’t know anyone who has CUTCO® (yet!), we recommend watching this quick video just to see what some of our customers from the Del Mar Fair have to say about their knives.
Tips for Training:
- Keep an open mind and a positive attitude.
- Be involved. Ask questions if something is unclear.
- Have fun and be yourself!
Selling knives is definitely unique. Some people might think it’s different, and some might think it’s awesome (We think it’s pretty cool).
At the end of the day, selling CUTCO® can provide you with a fun job, flexible schedule, and a truly exciting experience.
What to Expect
Here’s what you can expect over the next few weeks:
- You’ll attend an initial training session that takes place over three consecutive days at your local office. Your manager can provide you with more information about upcoming training dates and options.
- You’ll start setting appointments and meeting with potential customers! Don’t worry – you’ll have the support of experienced people – such as your District or Branch Manager – to guide and mentor you every step of the way.
If you’re a bit nervous, that’s totally normal. You’re starting something new and exciting. We can guarantee that by the end of training, you’ll know more about kitchen knives and sales skills than 99% of people.